an organization or authority that centralizes and standardizes the management of Projects. PMO can be departmental unit with in the organization or it can be an outsourced agency.
Priorities of a PMO
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
- To provide a baseline Time Schedule for every project so that it serves as a reference point for monitoring project variances and deviations.
- To provide Internal Budgets (Cost Baseline) using state of the art costing program.
- To assist the tendering department in achieving success to fetch business in these competitive environments.
- To provide quantity surveying services for reconciliation of actual work quantities with the contract quantities.
- To administer and recommend change orders by professional interpretation of the Project Contract.
- To assist Project Managers in the implementation of PMBOK guidelines of Project Management to achieve successful completion of project with due satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- To perform effective Work Force Levelling based on calculated manpower productivity norms.